Dr. Gillian McIver (MA University of Toronto, PhD Roehampton University) is a filmmaker, curator and researcher on the relationships between painting and cinema in visual culture.
Gillian is the author of ART HISTORY FOR FILMMAKERS: THE ART OF VISUAL STORYTELLING (Bloomsbury 2016) the first comprehensive survey of the historical and aesthetic relationship between cinema and visual art.
She makes film, has curated many live art projects and exhibitions and ran an East London gallery. She is currently Associate Lecturer in Film at Central St Martins and the University for the Creative Arts, Farnham.
2022 Alchemy! The Steamship Project Space, London
2018 #timetoact PSVI film festival and exhibition, BFI South Bank, London
2009-2013 Studio75 London Gallery
– “Night of the Black Moon” Site specific; The Kingsland Estate, Studio75 London
– “The King’s Land” Site specific; The Kingsland Estate, Studio75 London
– Gallery artist exchange with La Clinica Mundana, Valencia
see studio75 for more information about exhibitions
1997-2009 Luna Nera, International site specific art
– “Postindustrial Baroque” Globe Gallery, Newcastle upon Tyne
–“Urban Clearance”, Titanic Buildings and Gallery PS2. Belfast
– “interconnection,” Centre for Contemporary Art St Petersburg, Kronstadt Russia.
– “the derelict sensation” Midland Grand Hotel, St Pancras, London
– “Cross Encounters” Kronstadt, Centre for Contemporary Art St Petersburg, Russia.
see Luna Nera for more information